Procedure for getting a referral to a specialist or other provider:
- Discuss the referral with your primary care doctor or nurse practitioner. It is very important that your provider coordinate all of your child’s health care including referrals. This ensures that the most appropriate specialist sees your child and that we provide the specialist with the medical information he/she needs to provide the best possible care to your child.
- Call the specialist’s office and get an appointment. Our office can provide you with the name and phone number of the specialist you should contact. If you have a problem getting an appointment with-in the time frame that your provider specified, please call us.
- Call our referral department at 781-894-5180 or fill out the online referral form.
- Make sure that you receive confirmation from our office that the referral has been completed.
There will be times when we will need to see your child first to determine the most appropriate specialist. There may also be times when we provide the service you need. In these cases we will ask you to come to our office for the requested service.
Some services we provide that you may not be aware of are:
- Acne care
- Asthma care
- Eczema care
- Wart treatments
- Care of most common allergic conditions
- Care of most common non-emergency orthopedic injuries and sports related conditions
- Care of most types of headache, including migraine headaches
- Adolescent gynecological care
- Evaluation and treatment of most children with ADD
- Vision and hearing screens
- Management of behavior problems
- Management of sleep problems
- Management of toilet training issues, including bedwetting
This information is communicated to us via secure e-mail. If you use e-mail to communicate with one of us, you agree to the following:
- Secure e-mail is not 100% secure.
- Employers may view e-mail sent using their work-provided e-mail system.
- E-mail should not be used for emergencies or time-sensitive issues.
- If a response is not timely, you should call the office.
- You should keep a copy of the e-mail you receive from us.
- We may keep a copy of the e-mail that we send you.
Please call us if you have any questions about these statements. Thanks.